Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm gonna be a Shirelle, I think...

I went on an audition yesterday for a play called, "The Shirelles." The Shirelles pre-date The Supremes and are credited with being the first of the black girl group trend. Some of the songs they made famous are: Momma Said, Tonight's The Night, Big John.

I say I think I got the gig because I audition by myself and not with a group of girls - which I thought was interesting. Either way, I've made it to the "next" phase, which is being called "rehearsal" but only the singers, not the rest of the cast. I'll keep yall posted.


Thanks to my friend DC for hooking me up with the audition.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a successful audition. This may mark the start of your acting career, since your last movie only shows you singing. Please keep us apprised as to the venue where the play will show, so I can get front row seats. I'm sure those producers/directors were floored and happy to have you join their production, because not everyone has a stage voice (I wont say big mouth, just big enough of a voice to be heard in back of theatre). Hmmmmmm........ alot can happen before Spring. Lendell (mother and manager of Goldfingaz)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Cocacy said...

Good luck! I hope you get it! :)

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay...keep me posted girl...im grooving to "all on your own" as im writing this.

--jamz

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home