Monday, July 10, 2006

Jitters...

I have a big audition coming up this Wednesday. I am excited and extremely nervous because if this goes well, then I may be very well on my way to singing professionally as a career. The show is an Elvis Tribute. But it's not just a show put together by Elvis enthusiests, it's THE Elvis show.

I spoke with the musical director on Saturday about the tour, the run-down is as follows:

- It will be a two week tour in Austraila and New Zealand.
- I am auditioning for the spot of one of the background singers
- The tour will be in October

The audition is this Wednesday in Burbank at a place called Center Staging. I have four songs to choose from to prepare. Although I think I am going to prepare all of them, just in case things go extremely well.

The down side is that the MD said he already has a girl to sing the "middle" or alto part. I can sing soprano, but only second. So I will try my best - I will practice all of the parts and go in there and do my best.

I feel blessed to even have this opportunity.

Tour Info
Producer's Website
Musical Director's Website

*working and rehearsing*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl you betta vocalize so you can reach those high notes...they used to say at pva that everyone is a soprano...which used to piss me off. so while we would have different voice parts, they would switch it up so we would have experience singing everything...and id always be like...IM NOT A SOPRANO!!!...but then id be singing soprano...

--jamz

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, I know you'll pull it off. See if he needs an extra pianist/ organist lol....joking... but seriously
Holla at thine Tuna!

5:09 PM  
Blogger jb said...

god bless!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Cocacy said...

Good Luck on your audition. I know you'll do great!

9:47 PM  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Best of luck and prepartion on your audition.

Wish you well.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home