Monday, June 26, 2006

I Won!

I'm not Fantasia or even Kelly Clarksen, but I am the winner of Leimert Park Idol. Woohoo.

I wasn't sure that I'd win. The first two days of competition felt like a breeze. Most likely because I performed my own material. Then on Thursday night at rehearsal for this weekend's two days of competition, somethings happened.

1. I went deaf. Not literally, but I had a really hard time "hearing" myself in order to get through Sophisticated Lady - one of the most difficult songs I've ever sung.

2. My back went out. Not in the "senior-citizen-I-may-need-a-walker" way, no. It was a muscle spasm in my lower back probably the result of working too hard (and doing something wrong) at the gym. I had to walk about a 1/4 mile to my car hunched over like Quasimoto. Not kidding.

So once Friday's competition came along, I felt less than subpar - donning an aching back and a faulty ear as I took the stage to sing Sophisticated Lady for the first time in my life.

That's my little antecdote. I did feel absolutely terrible, but afterwards one of the judges told me the performance was "flawless." There.You.Have.It.

*back to eating my oatmeal and cleaning out my inbox*

2 Comments:

Blogger Sangindiva said...

CONGRATS ELLE!!!

I am sooooo happpy for you and proud of you!
Now can we get some praise for the Lord?!
(((clapping))) I sent up a prayer for you :)
Girl, are you walking 'round with your trophy?! :)

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yayyyy...again. we need to celebrate...

--jamz

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home