Monday, May 15, 2006

It's a long hard road...

so last week, I was extremely frustrated by my situation with 'the producer.' after waiting for several months to work with him directly, he suggested that I record the songs on my own, with him providing oversight aftwards. And if you know anything about producing - this suggested scenario would have made me the producer and his a co-writer.

My first instinct was to just leave the entire situation alone, but you never know where your blessings may come from - and so walking away from any opportunity, like it or not, would not have been a smart move.

Instead, I emailed him:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey [Producer],

A couple of things:

So I checked into get the scratch vocals recorded to the tracks that you gave me - and the place I'd normally go to get it done for free is now charging.

I'm kinda concerned about the expesense of recording the songs you haven't heard yet. I was hoping it'd be a more collaborative effort. I understand that you are extremely busy - but if we could just spend a day - I record quickly and have some ideas for vocal arrangements.

But beyond that, my major concern is that everything that I've sent to [label exec]so far has been what I've done on my own - and so I think he'd like get me with your ideas and style. For that, I am willing to wait, I just need to know if this is something we could make happen?

Let me know what's up!

Peace.
[elle b.]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His response:

We can definately make it happen. Its just gonna take a min cuz my schedule is crazy right now. I hope you understand
[producer]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although it looks like I will be sitting tight for another couple of months - something will get done. At least, I am back to square 1.

*ciao*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting...well im glad that you asked about it cuz i wouldn't have known what do do in that situation...just make sure you keep in contact with him.

--jamz

1:44 PM  
Blogger childofthesun said...

Handle yours, girl :)

1:58 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Grr. I'm glad you said something to him, though. Love ya, Elle.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home