Tuesday, May 02, 2006

and a word from my favorite trojan...

Don't act brand new, you knew it was coming... Lendale White is my favorite Trojan. Looks like now, I'll be a Tennessee Titans fan.

I had the pleasure of meeting Lendale last night at the NFL Draft Celebration that he and Dominique Byrd (drafted in 4th round to the Rams) hosted at Pearl. Instead of gushing on and on about meeting him, I figured, I'd post this instead.

-------------------------------------------------

(On why he feels like he dropped out of the first round and into the second round)

I can’t speculate on it. I don’t want to speculate on the reason why I did. I’m happy and excited about the opportunity to work with the Tennessee Titans. I can’t wait to get in and start winning football games.

(On how much he will use falling in the draft as motivation)

Every bit. Right now I’m working with a 31-team chip on my shoulder. Every team that has passed me up, every team that didn’t give me a shot, I’m coming for them. I’m gunning. I’m going to do everything to get healthy, get in shape and I can’t wait to start playing football.

(On dealing with character issues)

I don’t think there is anything to even bring up. I don’t feel like my character is going to be an issue at all. I’m a wonderful young man. I know the difference between right and wrong. I know the difference between good and bad. They took a shot and drafted me. They took a shot on taking me and I took a shot. I’m so excited about playing with them that it will never be a worry or a problem. I’m a Tennessee Titan and I’m excited about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peep the rest of the article here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home