Sunday, April 02, 2006

Business Is Booming...

So to speak.

this weekend I had two performances. they both were for community events, but I had fun nonetheless.

i performed for the USC's chapter of Delta Sigma Theta's non-profit scholarship foundation ball. they started their non-profit last year and this year was the first year they were able to give out scholarships. I was honored to be asked to be the entertaiment for the evening. i know many of the chapter's members personally or as members of BWi, Black Women Investing (a club i founded in undergrad). they also honored three outstanding women from the community. great event!

as an added bonus, i was approached by a jazz singer, Amber Weeks, who would likw to mentor me as a vocalist. I am going to pursue the offer.

speaking of which, i received a call earlier friday about joining a performance band. although it's still in the early phase (they are primarily a swing band, but are expanding their repetoire), I am excited about the prospects. if this is a go, I will be able to get more live performance experience - plus i love to perform. period.

my other performance this weekend was for the ladera heights little league opener. i sang the national anthem. i performed a favor for my high school college counselor. her son is in the little league. i actually expected there to be like 5 people in attendance, but it ended up be far more than that. anyways, fun was had by all (despite forgetting the lyrics *ramparts we watched* mid-song, although I picked it back up).

k, that's my update.

*I'll holla*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home