Friday, March 24, 2006

real sh*t

As many of you may notice, I've been going through some issues lately. It's most noticeable in my absence here at ElleB-dom. Although I could update the blog, there is little I can say about my career and I don't want to post just for the sake of posting - although you can see that's been the case a couple of times. In any event, this is real life. Trying to break into music isn't easy. During my brief experiences so far, I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for artists/celebrities in music. The pressure of being a public figure, the expectations of fans, ect can be extremely nerve wrecking.

Being a singer/songwriter, my sole purpose is to connect with people through music. To share my experiences and stories with people outside of my arm's reach. My intention is to bear my soul, share my heart while giving you something that is fulfilling either spiritually or simply for entertainment value. That is my mission is all of this.

I claimed 2006 as the year of progress for me, Elle B. I still stand by it, but without a strong foundation, an empire can't stand to rise. And in building my foundation, I've had to confront some things in my life that were hinderances, either personally or externally. As the first quarter of 2006 is coming to a close next week, I am in a place where I am deeply saddened by the loss of someone extremely dear to me - so bear with me as I take the necessary steps to move on with my life and continue in my pursuit of greater things.

Noone told me the road would be easy, in fact, they told me it would be difficult. But I didn't understand what that meant until I experienced that personal and professional road blocks can take a person off course. I am working on becoming self-sufficient to the point that these road blocks don't lead to self-doubt and fear. I am facing demons that have lied dormant because I could comfortably avoid them. No more.

I know this seems a bit tangential and you may be wondering, where in the hell this is coming from? Just wanted to let you know what Elle is going through and that I'm on my way back.

Just be patient with me.

*peace*

3 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

I can totally relate...have your read my posts lately? This line right here is the truth: "I am facing demons that have lied dormant because I could comfortably avoid them." Time to break free of those shackles...shake them loose and stomp, stomp, stomp the devil out! Have patience with yourself and take it one day at a time. One day you will look up and your blessing will be staring you in the face.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

It's true Miss Elle-
This bizz-nass is a hustle.
There will be those times when it seems
like nothing is going well-
but we live in La-La Land...
girl- things can turn around with
a phone call. God is Faithful.
I'm a LIVING witness :)

2:43 AM  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Once upon a time... long long ago... I was a frustrated writer.

The arts, no matter what discipline, are difficult businesses to enter.

Good luck. I know how serious these businesses are, and that they are not a hobby, but a very demanding profession.

I hope to see you at the top someday. Then your early fans can say we knew you when.

Peace and Love.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home