Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Love Below

So today I had to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life. Walking away from the greatest love in my life. It's not music. But now that I am walking away, it will be music.

I found that my emotional situation with my first love was becoming oppressive on my life. Without stability in the situation, I lacked motivation for anything and everything. Love was literally crippling.

But a transition has been in the works for some time now. I could see that in this situation, I'd never succeed in music. I was limiting myself.

In a recent article, Andre 3000 addresses why he'll never get married. I think I know what he means now...

Outkast star Andre '3000' Benjamin fears he'll never settle down and marry because long relationships hinder music-making.

The singer, who has a son with Erykah Badu, can't think of one married music star whose work has improved after they exchanged vows.

He says, "Me and a friend of mine were having this discussion, 'Do artists get better when they get married or do they get worse?' It seems like they get worse.

"It's crazy because most of the great songs are about somebody being hurt or the search for love, but, once you find it, it's like nobody wants to hear the whole song."


*I don't want to be lonely, but some relationships aren't healty*

1 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

Okay, this part is true : "It's crazy because most of the great songs are about somebody being hurt or the search for love, but, once you find it, it's like nobody wants to hear the whole song." but it is not reason to be miserable the rest of my life. I'll take stable love relationship for 500, Alex.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home