Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's Black History Month

Today is February 1, 2006 - The first day of Black History Month. For my entire life, I've been in schools that have recognized and celebrated this month; and for that duration, I've been a participant in the festivities as well as spearheaded campus celebrations. But now that I am a cube-dweller in Corporate America who is striving to make her own Black History daily, I am must celebrate - on a smaller scale, but, celebrate nonetheless. Thus I am dedicating ElleB-dom in honor of the month. It may not be much, but it's recognition that I can't take for granted the history of Black America.

I hope you'll join me.

*got any Black history you think should be highlighted here @ ElleB-dom this month...leave it in the comments*

1 Comments:

Blogger Cocacy said...

That's a great idea! Happy Black History Month

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home