Thursday, January 26, 2006

Taking the Plunge...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I've heard it all before. I actually belong to a group on TheFacebook.com called 'Natural Sistahs (No Weaves Allowed)' but eff it cus I am taking the plunge. Let me tell you this Black girl has never liked dealing with her hair - neither has her mother. Cus for my entire life, with the exeception of a few short stints between junior and senior year of HS, I wore braids. It has only been in the last two years that I've been rocking my own hair: short, fly, and relaxed.

But now I am entering into the relm of "artist" and I can't be looking a mess cus because I didn't go to D'Juan last week. And with my publicist submitting me to events regularly these days, I can't get caught in between 'touch-ups.' So I am getting a weave.

Here are my top reasons why:
1. It's easier
2. I can work out more regularly
3. I can have more versatility daily
4. It's being done by a girl who does Tyra's weaves on occassion
5. My hair stylist, DD, cuts like hell - and Imma be fly.

But the catch is...the sh*t is super expensive. They sell the hair by the ounce - not the pack, people. Meaning, I am literally gonna have COCAINE in my hair...cus it cost some COCAINE price per ounce...but I can reuse it for the next time.

Anyways, this is my little rant. I'll let you know how I feel afterwards. I am TRULY terrified, cus I am happy with me being me, but I didn't sign up for the self-help industry, this is the music biz baby and I am going all the damn way...

*peace.*

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny thing you said that-i've been thinking of doing the same thing. now that i'm starting to pur myself out there and meeting people and going to events and shit, i need to be fly all the time. and you know how hard it is when you're rocking your shit short-high maintenance! so i just tried out this new spot and when i was getting my hair done last weekend i asked homegirl about weave prices-boy i couldn't believe the shit that came out her mouth...oh how i miss NY! oh well, i'll hit you up later-maybe i wil get mine done too.
FLR

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cocacy said...

Hey Elle!

I 've been considering getting a weave too but these NYC prices are ridiculous. I can't have a to' up weave so I have to pay for something good! Let me know how your experience with it is. Good luck on the music and everything!

C

4:22 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

As long as it's not the cheap shit, I'm good. Let me see the after-pics, Elle B.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Vandy said...

we have lost yet another black female...sigh...

5:22 PM  
Blogger Rell said...

lol you've lost your "realness" hehe.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont add the tyra head...just the hair (i can deal wit that)...by the way i am a recovering facebooker, i have been clean for almost 48 hrs, gotta go...someone might have written on my wall

5:35 PM  
Blogger Fresh said...

They sell the hair by the ounce

Daaaaamn. That sounds like some blow, LOL. But I understand your struggle chile. I had to go through the same thing myself a few years ago.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home