Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Stay Focused Man...

So yesterday I received some amazing news. A major major label executive *hint is in the title* asked his wife for my contact information. I have known her since I was 17; she has been one of my supporters since we first met. I had no idea just how much, because since I've known her she's been blowing me up to her husband that I am a great singer, telling him that he need not let me pass by.

The irony of this situation is that I met him when I was 15 or 16 when I auditioned for him when he was a senior exec at another label. At the time my connect was trying to pitch me as a group with two other girls - but we wasn't feeling it - although he was feeling me. As the industry goes, my connect didn't like the idea of splitting us up so nothing came of the opportunity.

ANYWAYS...She called me yesterday to say say that her hubby emailed her this past weekend asking for her to send him my contact information, and that I should expect to hear from his sometime this week and if not by Friday, I am to call her so that she can follow up.

See, this is crazy - usually the artist is supposed to call A&R, not the other way around. Needless to say, I was a little unfocused for the rest of the day. Up until that moment, I had a plan of action that involved me and my team and my ascension to the top! Not that I feel any different now, per se, it's just that my thoughts got away from me and I began to consider all of the potential scenarios.

After a really quick reality check, I am back on track with the plan as usual. The reality of it is, that a call from him could never come. And if the opportunity does present itself, it may not be the path that I want to take. I still have my entire career ahead of me.

So, today, I am back on my grind. I went to the library today to work on the concept for my upcoming photoshoot with JD. I checked out some photography books and found more than I intended because I also found the idea for my website layout.

Fresh!

*could be my BEST WEEK EVER, though*

3 Comments:

Blogger Rell said...

that's amazing man -- when you get signed you better not get some intern to keep your blog going and make it seem like it's from you.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that's hot shit babe! i know big things will happen for you-and it seems like it may be sooner than later! well, keep me posted:)
Holla,
FLR

10:46 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

:)! Woohoo. I am counting down the days until I see my name in the linear notes.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home