Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Don't Sleep On...


Don't Sleep On: Ne-Yo
Latest Release: 'So Sick' (single)
Signed By: Def Jam
Recently Seen: TRL

The Skinny: Ne-Yo has been writing the latest industry ballads, most notably Mario's 'Let Me Love You.' I got my hands on album advance 'Sick of Ghost Writing' and I must say, I can't stop listening to it. His vocals are reminiscent of a teen pop star, which has its pros and cons. The writing is more mature than most of the 18-24 artists out now (with the exception of Keyshia Cole), which is a breath of fresh air, but I dare say that Ne-Yo is not all the way there yet. I think with more industry experience, this crooner will have a mainstay in the music biz. For a debut effort, I like what I've heard so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vandy said...

shameless plug:

http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_entertainment/music_videos_songs_radio/musicfeaturecanvas?id=20060110123309990001

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love...love love love...both of those songs...

jamz

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home