Monday, December 19, 2005

I Guess That Didn't Work...

So my boi, Black Thought, interviewed Common, Goapele and Ludacris today for an online media company that he interns for. He asked the homies if we had any questions to ask Common during the interview... Being the enterprising young woman that I am, I said...

Ask Common if he's ever heard of Elle B...

So the interviews went well today. Apparently, Common was in Cali at this italian restaurant on La Brea - I am like 10 minutes from La Brea. Anyways, I asked Black if he'd asked Common my question, this is what he said:


MsTrojanChocol8: how did the interview go with common?
MaRcUsV01: it went well, real cool, gave me a "Love man" and hung up, lol
MsTrojanChocol8: did you ask him if he knew who Elle B was?
MaRcUsV01: i was like how does an up and coming artist get her music out to you, i was like she's in LA, by the time you finish your lunch, she can show up and sing a song for you
MsTrojanChocol8: of course you did
MaRcUsV01: i did, he laughed
MsTrojanChocol8: haha

I guess that didn't work...

*Back to the drawing board*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl don't stress it. you'll get your break real soon. keep doing you!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Rell said...

it's coming... soon -- What record label would you like to be on the most?

J Records with Clive? G.O.O.D with Com, Consequence, Jlegend and Ye'?

Hidden beach?

8:09 AM  
Blogger Elle B. said...

I really like J Records - but I'd only want to be Clive Owen's baby.

I like the concept of G.O.O.D. but I think Ye's ego might not produce the best product for "other" artists...

I really like Columbia records, I think they have really good A&R and are a solid company...Fugees, Destiny's Child.

Virgin might also be a possibility because of Jermaine Dupri - he's responsible for Anthony Hamilton's major label debut, Coming From Where I'm From...which was nominated for Grammys. Plus he has great production.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Rell said...

well one day I can say Elle-B commented on my blog!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home