Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas smelled like Roses this year...

The family had 0 (read: zero) arguments, which is a testament that prayer really works!

Plus, my parent's held me down on the gifts - I got everything I wanted, or at least a variation of what I wanted, which was just a fabulous - after all, the actual items on the list were all just inspirations of what I like.

I got the DKNY watch...a bedding set...a replica tiffany necklace (b initial)...

My favorite gifts:

FAX Machine from my dad...

Elle: *unwrapping the box that reads "Panasonic Fax Machine with Copier Function"
Pops: It's a business solution
Elle: So it is...

So my dad is a man of practicality. To say the least, this is his way of showing support considering the huge fight we had this summer about the possibility that I may not ever go to law school...

Charm Bracelet from my mom...

Elle: What's this? Is this a gift *picking up a mini giftwrapped box*
Mom: No, someone just spent the effort to wrap a little box for no reason.
Elle: I mean it coulda been decoration...geez
*opening the box to reveal a small blue suede pouch*

My mom gave me a silver charm braclet with a single HEART charm with ELLE B inscribed on it. This is my mom's way of showing her support for my music career.

ROSE BOWL TICKET from both of my parents

Mom: We have one more, no, two more gifts for dad.
Dad: oh?
Mom: From the family...althought its not here yet - and I don't know where it is - we got you a Magellen GPS system
Dad: I'll take that
Mom: And finally, my husband is going to the Rose Bowl...
Mom (cont'd): And he's decided to take his daughter.
Elle: *jumping up doing the stupid elaine dance* Yes!!!
Mom: We waited until after you opened all of your other gifts to make sure you were going to be a brat...if you were, your father wasn't going to give you the ticket - and we would've told you that instead
Dad: *shakes his head in agreement*

Thank God I passed that test! I'm going to the Rose Bowl, The Rose Bowl, The Rose Bowl...

My brothers hit me off with the gift cards. I bought a much needed desk for my room with the Crate and Barrel gift certificate my oldest brother gave to me + my employee discount.

I helped my mother cook dinner - I made the Cornish Game Hens. Dinner was the bomb diggity - better than Thanksgiving.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vandy said...

have fun...enjoy the game for me!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Rell said...

dang -- like that's off the chain. I know you realize the gravity of this game. Other people might not, but this is the most anticipated Championship game in 20 years.

I might have to get you to send me text updates...

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh the rose bowl...im going to the parade...

--jamz

9:59 AM  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Where I'm from the Rose Bowl is HUGE. Not that it isn't going to be out of control this year anyway. Wow. Wish I was going.

Enjoy

2:05 PM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. Charm bracelets are very popular right now, I'm understanding. Funny, because my mom has had one for so long. I'm glad you got one, as well as the other things you wanted!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home