Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas smelled like Roses this year...

The family had 0 (read: zero) arguments, which is a testament that prayer really works!

Plus, my parent's held me down on the gifts - I got everything I wanted, or at least a variation of what I wanted, which was just a fabulous - after all, the actual items on the list were all just inspirations of what I like.

I got the DKNY watch...a bedding set...a replica tiffany necklace (b initial)...

My favorite gifts:

FAX Machine from my dad...

Elle: *unwrapping the box that reads "Panasonic Fax Machine with Copier Function"
Pops: It's a business solution
Elle: So it is...

So my dad is a man of practicality. To say the least, this is his way of showing support considering the huge fight we had this summer about the possibility that I may not ever go to law school...

Charm Bracelet from my mom...

Elle: What's this? Is this a gift *picking up a mini giftwrapped box*
Mom: No, someone just spent the effort to wrap a little box for no reason.
Elle: I mean it coulda been decoration...geez
*opening the box to reveal a small blue suede pouch*

My mom gave me a silver charm braclet with a single HEART charm with ELLE B inscribed on it. This is my mom's way of showing her support for my music career.

ROSE BOWL TICKET from both of my parents

Mom: We have one more, no, two more gifts for dad.
Dad: oh?
Mom: From the family...althought its not here yet - and I don't know where it is - we got you a Magellen GPS system
Dad: I'll take that
Mom: And finally, my husband is going to the Rose Bowl...
Mom (cont'd): And he's decided to take his daughter.
Elle: *jumping up doing the stupid elaine dance* Yes!!!
Mom: We waited until after you opened all of your other gifts to make sure you were going to be a brat...if you were, your father wasn't going to give you the ticket - and we would've told you that instead
Dad: *shakes his head in agreement*

Thank God I passed that test! I'm going to the Rose Bowl, The Rose Bowl, The Rose Bowl...

My brothers hit me off with the gift cards. I bought a much needed desk for my room with the Crate and Barrel gift certificate my oldest brother gave to me + my employee discount.

I helped my mother cook dinner - I made the Cornish Game Hens. Dinner was the bomb diggity - better than Thanksgiving.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vandy said...

have fun...enjoy the game for me!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Rell said...

dang -- like that's off the chain. I know you realize the gravity of this game. Other people might not, but this is the most anticipated Championship game in 20 years.

I might have to get you to send me text updates...

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh the rose bowl...im going to the parade...

--jamz

9:59 AM  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Where I'm from the Rose Bowl is HUGE. Not that it isn't going to be out of control this year anyway. Wow. Wish I was going.

Enjoy

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home